Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Awakener(s) Chapter 2

many_names_is_me
    many_names_is_me

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

The Awakener(s) Chapter 2 Empty The Awakener(s) Chapter 2

Post  many_names_is_me October 15th 2011, 6:18 pm

It was a week before Timothy showed up to school again. Of course, this only fueled the fire that he had something to do with Vicky. Which, of course, was totally absurd.
    "Well class, that's your assignment. Just in time for the bell. Have a nice day." Mrs. BlayBar shouted over the after-school bustle.
    I put my pencils into my binder as Timothy shot up from his chair and bolted towards the door.
    Pushing past the wave of students, I managed to catch him just outside the room.
    "Hey, where have you been? You kinda just fell off the map there for a while."
    He tensed, looking extremely uncomfortable in this situation. "Yeah, sorry. I just got uhh... sick."
    "Oh, a cold, or the flu?"
    He nodded, hastily running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, I had the flu."
    "That's a shame. Did you hear about Vicky?"
    His eyes widened. "What about her?"
    "Oh," I nervously shuffled my feet. I shouldn't have brought that up. How stupid was I? "She's in the psych ward. Apparently she took a dive off the deep end."
    "Sorry to hear that." He turned as if someone had shouted his name. "Well, if you don't mind I have to go. My ride's waiting on me." He gave me a forced smile and made a bee-line out of the hallway.
    I leaned against the wall. Did he just make an excuse and run out of the building? I felt so horrible. It was his first day back and I hounded him with questions. He had the flu and I was listening to rumores about radioactive spiders!
    "So, what did he have to say?" Taylor showed up beside me, causing me to jump.
    "Oh, just the flu." My eyes wandered after him.
    She nodded. "What a week to get the flu, huh?"
    I nodded as she waved and headed out the hall.
    The only problem was, I didn't believe him.

I slammed my books down in front of Timothy. He looked up from his notebook, a slight smile on his face.
    "We have to talk."
    "I gathered as much." He gestured for me to sit across form him. I huffed as I sat down."
    "You need to tell me the truth about last week."
    "Do I now?"
    "Yes." I leaned forward. "I know you didn't have the flu, so why don't you just spill the beans?"
    The smile disappeared as he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. He was silent for a while, biting his lip in thought before answering.
    "You wouldn't believe me, even if I told you the truth."
    "Try me."
    His smirk reappeared. "Perhaps later." He moved to stand.
    I grabbed his arm. "You have to tell me."
    "Why?"
    And with that one word I was silenced. I had absolutely no reason for him to tell me his business. I had no good reason other than to satisfy my curiousity.
    I let his arm go.
    "I'll see you in class JaNelle."
    I nodded as he picked up his notebook before leaving.

"I'm going to give you all extra homework if you don't settle down!" Mrs. BlayBar schreeched at the class. Sadly, few people in the class did their homeowrk anyways, so it didn't have much of an effect.
    Mrs. BlayBar rolled her eyes and rubbed her temple, going and sitting down at her desk, letting the kids have their way.
    I slipped through the rows of desks and under over-exagerating Tom's arms to sit next to Timothy.
    "Did you ever think of a good reason?" He turned his famous lady-killing half smile on me. "Or did you just give up?"
    "Neither, I've compiled a list of reasons you should tell me. They aren't all good reasons, but I figure if I put them all together then there should be no way you can resist telling me."
    "Now I'm intrigued." He leaned forward, placing his chin on his hands. "Do tell."
    "Reason number 1, I am the closest person to you at this school."
    "And you base that on?"
    "I have my sources. Number 2, if you don't tell me I will never return your favorite pencil which I so covertly stole from you today at lunch."
    "You mean this pencil?" He pulled it out of his pocket and wiggle it between his thumb and forefinger.
    "How did you-"
    "Number 3?"
    I gave him my best glare and continued with my list. "Number 3 is I can see right through your lies and," I raised my voice so that he couldn't interrupt me. "4, I will never leave you along until you tell me!"
    "Is there a 5?"
    "Does there need to be?"
    "Now, I have a question for you."
    "Anything."
    "Would you be willing to hear the complete truth if I told you?"
    I nodded, leaning closer to him in anticipation of his secret.
    "Would you be able to completly respect my wishes to keep them secret?"
    I nodded again, leaning ever closer, waiting for the words to escape his lips.
    "Would you be willing to let me take you out to a nice dinner?"
    I frowned, that was not what I had been waiting to hear. "What?"
    He chuckled. "IF you want to know my secrets then you need to learn a little bit more about me. Dinner is the best setting to get to know a person, don't you think?"
    I stared at him.
    Was he asking me out on a date?
    I think he was. My mind spun with the thought of how many girls would kill just to get a chance like this. If I turned him down I would never hear the end of it from Jan and Taylor, not to mention the fact that I would never get close to hearing his secret.
    Oh, who was I kidding? Of course I wanted to go on a date with him! He was the hottest, sweetest, most mysterious guy on campus and under my tought exterior I was dying to go out with him.
    But why wasn't my brain telling my mouth to say yes? It spun around everything else, but seemed to have trouble forming a simple 1 syllable, 3 letter word.
    "Yes." I finally managed after what seemed like an eternity of silent staring. "Of course I'd like to go to dinner with you." I sounded detached, almost like a robot. I forced a smile as the bell rang.
    He stood. "Great, so I'll pick you up at around 7:00?"
    I nodded, still havng trouble forming a complete thought.
    He turned to go when I suddenly found my voice and blurted. "Wait! You don't knwo where I live!"
    He turned back and smiled. "Oh ye of little faith, you could put a little bit of trust in me, can't you?" He winked and walked out of the room.
    "Yeah, see you tonight." I muttered to myself, rolling my eyes at my own stupidity.

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 7:18 am