Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starlets<3

Thatonegirl
    Thatonegirl

Number of posts : 2
    Humor : pretty much anything
    Registration date : 2011-09-26

Starlets<3 Empty Starlets<3

Post  Thatonegirl October 28th 2011, 10:15 pm

He crashed through the trees, barely missing the huge trunks; he bounded over the huge tree roots, small animals hurried out of his path and hunkered down, his howl still ringing in the air.
    He kicked up dirt and hunks of grass in his wake, he pushed himself to move faster, to hurry. His heart pounded inside his chest, his ears twitched, listening, and his green eyes searched the woods looking for a flash of purple silk.
    She needed him; he needed to find her before she did something stupid. He broke through the thick bushes and raced into an open field, he didn’t stop running until he saw her standing in front of a mound of dirt with a cross made of sticks jutting out from the ground, a gray chunk of stone laid on the dirt.
    She held a small necklace in her hands, she leaned forward and placed the necklace on the cross, the small sun pendent gleamed in the sunlight. She wiped a hand across her cheek and looked up at the clear blue sky.
    He shifted and stood on his human feet, the heat beat on his skin and his green eyes seemed to shine.
    She could sense him nearby and looked over at the other end of the ginormus tree, he stood silently watching her.
    “Dean,” She sniffled. “I had to come see him; he’s dead because of me.” Her shoulders shook and her bottom lip trembled, her arms were wrapped around herself.
    Dean walked towards her and placed a hand on her tear streaked face. “It’s not your fault Dawn, he chose to go, he fell in love with you and he gave his life trying to keep you safe.”
    Dawn sniffed and looked into Deans eyes, they were like green ice that pulled her in, he knew her better than her brother, and at first that had scared her but it no longer did, it made her feel special that he should know her so well. He brushed a strand of her hair back behind her ear, his hand was warm against her cheek, and she leaned into his touch.
    “Why me?” Her voice trembled. “Why did he fall in love with me? If not for me he would be alive right now. He could have a family, get married and be happy, and because of me that’s all gone for him.”
    Dawn wasn’t used to being talked to sweetly on the rare occasions when she cried and Dean wasn’t used to being gentle with people who cried, but Dawn brought out his sensitive side, when it came to Dawn he didn’t keep his walls up, he didn’t shut her out, there was no way he could tell her to suck it up. She was special and he loved her to much to treat her the way he did everyone else.
    “Because you are strong and determined, you do what you want when you want; you will break the law for those you love. You are caring and loyal, you don’t give up, you’re beautiful and funny and you say what you think.”
    “I’m not any of those things.” Dawn said stubbornly. Dean held back a sigh and placed both hands on her cheeks and brushed his thumb over her face, her cheeks bloomed a pale pink and her purple eyes searched his.
    “You are all of those things Dawn, I know its hard now but you’re strong and you can handle this, I love you Dawn and I’ll always be here for you.”
    Her eyes widened and her breath caught in her throat. He hadn’t meant to say that, he wasn’t cut out to be in love with someone, he never let anyone in, not even his brother, no one knew him, they didn’t know his secrets, didn’t get him. But Dawn had waltzed right in and could see right through him like he was made of glass, she knew when he was worried or angry, she was just like him. No one held him back, he did what he wanted and when he was given a job he stuck to it, just like Dawn trying to protect Rex. Talking to Dawn was like talking to himself, she was loud and sarcastic, a smartass and when he brought up something she didn’t want to talk about she’d completely ignore it and refuse to listen.
    Dean could see the shock in her eyes but he could also see the love in her eyes and he knew she loved him too.
    “Oh my holy crap,” She breathed.

Rex sat up right in bed, his breath was labored he had the pushing urge to grab his sketch book and sketch what he’d just seen, his visions were more frequent. “Oh crap is right.” Rex breathed. He slipped out of bed, dug around in his bag until he collected his sketch book and pencils and by memory sketched a scene from his vision.

“I wish you would stay.” Their dad’s closest friend said solemnly, he was so close to their dad that he’d been called uncle for most of their lives.
    “I know but my mom wanted me to do this and I have to.” Her uncle ran a hand through his thinning blonde hair and sighed. “I can’t stop you, you’re nineteen and I know you wouldn’t leave Rex behind.”
    Dawn said nothing, she had planned on him staying behind because it would be safer from him, but Dean had had a point damn him.
    Dawn grabbed her bags and headed for the door where Dean and the others waited patiently, minus Dean who looked as ready to get started as she did.
    Reginar stepped outside and they all followed behind him, Dawn closed the door behind her. A sleek black Honda pilot was parked in the front yard beside the old truck that Dawn and her uncle shared.
    “I’m taking it that Ula is far away enough that we can’t walk?” Dawn eyed Dean as he climbed into the front seat and without bothering to buckle up, started the car. “Obviously.” Dawn rolled her eyes and walked around the front of the car and crawled into the passenger seat after she’d dumped her bags in the back.
    “That’s Zinnia’s seat.” Dean pointed to Zinnia who stood outside glaring. Dawn shrugged. “Well I usually drive but I don’t think I’d win that one, so, she can deal with seating in the back.”
    Dean nodded and a small smile played on his lips. Rex and Reginar clambered into the back and immediately zoned out, Zinnia stood outside the passenger side door glaring at Dawn.
    “That’s my seat.” She huffed, eyes narrowed. “Get over it; you can sit in the back with Reginar.” Zinnia gaped at Dean; she looked away from him to stare at Dawn. She and Dean had had a few one nighters, but she was always his favorite, she always sat up front, no matter what, but now he was kicking her to the back. There was something about Dawn that had caught Dean’s attention and she felt a stab of jealousy, she’d accepted that Dean wouldn’t have a relationship with her, because he didn’t do relationships. But the way he looked at Dawn had Zinnia thinking that he’d start one with her in no time.
    Dejectedly she crawled into the back and sat silently beside Rex and stared out the window. Dean started the car and pulled out of the driveway and out onto the paved roads.
    Dawn crossed her legs and stared out the windshield lost in her own world and was yanked back when Dean turned on the radio. He noticed her glance and shrugged, he obviously, just like her, couldn’t stand the silence in the car.
    “I think we need to know each other a little better.” Both Rex and Zinnia froze up and turned to eye Dawn suspiciously. “Oh yeah, and why is that?”
    “I’m not going to trust my life, or my brothers, in the hands of people I don’t even know.” Dawn grunted.
    “You’re taking a trip with the people you don’t know.”Dean pointed out, Dawn waved his words away. “Details,”
    Dean snorted but nodded. “Fine, what do you want to know?” Dawn grinned and settled further into her seat and faced Dean.
    “Age?”
    “Twenty six,” Dean gave her a curious glance. “Why does that matter?” Dawn shrugged but grinned mischievously. “I like an older guy.” Dean laughed and arched a brow at Dawn. “I think I’m a little old for you. You’re what, seventeen?” Dawn narrowed her eyes at him. “Nineteen thank you.”
    “Legal, hmm, maybe I’m not too old after all.” Dawn laughed but didn’t comment. “So next question?”
    Dawn tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Last name?” She looked at Dean and shrugged. “What if we get separated and I need to ask around to find you?”
    Dean eyed her for a moment longer before answering. “Zoran,” He noticed Dawns eyes were focused on his.
    “Why were you chosen to protect me and Rex?” Zinnia looked at Dean and saw the past welling up in his green eyes, a past he shared with no one.
    “He’s one of the best warriors Wolfgang’s ever seen; he’s committed and tends to get his way.” Zinnia said curtly. Dawn looked between Zinnia’s steely glare and Dean before sighing and returned to staring out the window in silence.
    After a few hours Dawn slowly drifted to sleep with her head leaning against the window.
    In her dream Dawn saw flashes of mutilated bodies and blood soaking into everything, she heard screams and cries, she felt something digging into her flesh, felt blood oozing down her side.
    She gasped and her eyes flung open. She sat in the car, her breathing labored and sweat soaked her clothes, strands of hair stuck to her face and neck.
    “Are you alright?” Dawn looked over at Dean’s worried face and eyes. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She stuttered.
    “Bad dream?” Dawn took a calming breath and let it out slowly. “More like a nightmare.”
    A weird look crossed Dean’s face. “Do you want to talk about it,” Dawn looked at Dean doubtfully. “It’s supposed to help.”
    She arched one eye brow and ran a hand through her hair. “I’m not the kind of person to talk about stuff like that.” She confessed, Dean grunted in agreement.
    She sighed and leaned her head back on the seat and closed her eyes. The images she’d seen in her dream, the sound, they were all from the night her parents were murdered. They died because of her, it was her fault that they were dead, she’d gotten them killed.
    If she’d never been born they’d be alive, they could raise Rex and have a long happy life.
    “It’s my fault,” She whispered to herself, but werewolves had heightened senses and Dean heard her as if she’d said yelled it. “What’s your fault?” Dawn turned to look at him and some voice deep inside her whispered, tell him, let him in, you can trust him. Dawn looked over the front seat to make sure that at least Rex was asleep, he was out cold, Zinnia’s head rested on his shoulder and Reginar leaned against the window. They were all asleep.
    She turned back to Dean and curled her legs under her. “My parent’s dying, it’s my fault.” Her voice didn’t waver, tears didn’t sting her eyes, she’d spoken as if she’d just announced that she was going to bed.
    “Dawn I don’t think that your parent’s deaths is your-” Dawn interrupted him calmly. “It is, if I wasn’t in the picture they’d be alive, they died because their daughter is a mixed blood.”She laid her head against the seat and watched Dean drive.

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 7:06 am