Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salutaions!...

Alicia Carman
    Alicia Carman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-10-06

Salutaions!... Empty Salutaions!...

Post  Alicia Carman

This is Frankie (Hudson)...
    I don't know why, but for some reason, the name Alicia Carman has always struck a chord with me as a fitting pseudonym. Besides that I have no connection to it, but it's how I usually sign stories/poems/lyrics, so I thought it worked here.
    I'm a junior in IB, would do history and english over math and science any day, love music in any form or fashion, and have a huge collection of story snippets that refuse to go anywhere. My characters have their own ideas about how they want to live their lives. *rolls eyes* Excited about becoming a part of P&Q, although I could do with more reading and critiquing each other's work during the meetings. Also wondering if this is secretly a Twilight fanclub...
    Having written more than I think is the norm for this forum, I'll leave it at that. ~FAH
    Share this post on: reddit

drasticDreamer

Post October 6th 2009, 7:26 pm  drasticDreamer

Nah! No problem at all with your length!

Welcome, Frankie!!!

...Now why would you wonder if this is secretly a Twilight fan club? scratch

As for your suggestion-- What if we added at the beginning of our agendas a place for people to share new work since the last meeting, if they wished? We also do a lot of posting work and critiquing it on here, as well, if you would like to peek around.

I love your characters already and can't wait to hear more about them!! Very Happy
    Alicia Carman

Post October 6th 2009, 9:05 pm  Alicia Carman

The beginning-of-the-meeting idea sounds amazing! I was in a Writer's Guild once before, and it was entirely reading-based; members would read their ongoing stories/poems whatever, and get feedback. We also had guests sometimes that would come speak about writing/speaking/publishing techniques. I just think putting some emphasis on sharing our work would help connect members who don't know everyone, and hearing someone else's writing always motivates me to get back to my own storylines. However, I also love the activities we do in the meeetings - how refreshing to get to write creatively after a day of essays and note-taking! Having to talk club business is an acceptable trade-off, I think, for getting to enjoy the other stuff. =)

Post   Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 6:04 pm