Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Thursday 28January

President
    President
    The President
    The President

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Thursday 28January Empty Thursday 28January

Post  President January 26th 2010, 6:56 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm such a dunce. santa (Let's pretend that's a dunce cap.)

Anyway...

MEETING! THURSDAY!! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
    President
    President
    The President
    The President

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Thursday 28January Empty Agenda

Post  President January 30th 2010, 4:32 pm

PAQ Agenda 28January2010

Like a Star @ heaven CALL TO ORDER

Like a Star @ heaven DISCUSSION
    Exclamation CONTESTS
    Exclamation PROJECTS
    Exclamation REKNOWN

Like a Star @ heaven WRITING
    Exclamation VALENTINE'S DAY POETRY
    Exclamation QUESTION GAME

Like a Star @ heaven ADJORN

(Psst...WEBSITE NEEDS PARTICIPATION)
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Number of posts : 59
    Humor : None.
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Thursday 28January Empty Minutes

Post  I'm an illusion February 2nd 2010, 5:31 pm

MINUTES

The meeting was called to order at 2:44.

Attendance: Kyle Marie Jacobsen, John MacIsaac, Paul Johnson, Michael Stanton, Huy Luong, Matthew Smith, Christina Kettering, and Jon Smith. (Is that right? Is that how you spell his name? Feel free to edit).

Our president, Kyle, opened a discussion on contest ideas. An idea for an 'outside' or school-wide contest was discussed: a Valentine's Day theme. It was decided there would be two separate entry categories: poems, and short stories. The general topic of poems would be what Valentine's Day meant to the individual, the good and bad aspects of the holiday (including separate categories for sentimental, humorous, or cliché), and the essay contest would focus on 'bloopers' that have happened. Smile Short stories would be limited to 1500 and no restrictions were placed on poem length.

It was mentioned that the winner of each contest could possibly be in our publication at the end of the year. Also, the winner would receive a $10 gift card, perhaps to Books-A-Million. All entries for the contest must be in by Feb. 11. The entries will be judged at the PAQ meeting that afternoon and announced the following day.

The meeting then moved on to fund raising ideas. Mrs. Stockdale offered to raise $ by charging a small amount for the coffee and hot chocolate available in her classroom, no more than a quarter a cup (I'm not sure what amount was officially chosen) and the profit would be donated to the club.

A second fundraiser idea was then proposed - Valentine's Day "Grams" or messages. It was decided that booths would be set up in the English hall and possibly during the lunch room at lunch to sell hearts with messages on them. $1 each, no limit to how many may be purchased by one person. The booths would be open the week of Feb. 11. Rules for the heart messages will be posted at these locations, and any messages that violate the rules will be voided and no refunds given. There would be a form the purchaser would fill out (available at the booth) which asked the name of the person the message needed to be delivered to and their 6th period class, the type of poem they wished to send (four categories: teacher, friend, boy, girl), their own name (they may put Anonymous), and there would be space for a personalized message. Purchasers may also select whether they wish their poem to be sentimental or funny. This form would be attached to a heart card with a lollipop and a poem based off the selected category of teacher, friend, boy, or girl and provided by the club. The hearts will be delivered by Club Members Feb. 12 during lunch.

Club members available to deliver during first lunch include Paul Johnson. (Willy, Ryan, and Stanton have first lunch on odd days and are not available the 12th. Matthew mentioned he might could squeeze out of film, I think. If he has film on even days, I'm not sure. Kathryn is also one to ask...)

Club members available to deliver during second lunch include everyone else. Smile Namely, Kyle, Nina, Huy, Matthew, maybe Jen?

Lollipops to be attached to the hearts will be donated. Feel free to contribute. Smile

After the discussion, the club members participated in an inner-club contest to compose the poems that will be on the hearts. Poems were shared, but none have been selected as of yet. Feel free to write and contribute!

The meeting was adjourned at 3:55.

Sponsored content

Thursday 28January Empty Re: Thursday 28January

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 11:08 am