Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My last breath is for you...

many_names_is_me
    many_names_is_me

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

My last breath is for you... Empty My last breath is for you...

Post  many_names_is_me September 16th 2009, 9:34 am

I had never really put all that much thought into how I would die, but I never thought it would be like this.
    As a young child I had never really thought of my death, it seemed so far way, then as i grew older I decided that I wanted to die in my sleep, quietly. But, since he entered my life, I've only wanted to die in his arms.
    It is no mistake that I am here. It is a shame that my sister would go this far to secure the place as heir. Though I should have excpected it from her. He tried to warn me, but I just wouldn't hear it.
    This is going to be my last will and testament, unless I am found before I die. Though that seems impossible, nobody has been down here in ages.
    I suppose that I shall start at the beginning. My Father died long ago when I was rather young. My Mother was Ruler of this fair land, it wasn't much, but our family had ruled over it for centuries.
    Being the eldest, everyone knew that I would come to inherit this land, and all that my mother owns. I had never really been all that interested in being ruler, but I had accepted the fact that I would have to take charge when my mother passed.
    I was sitting in the garden when I first saw him.
    I had bent down to smell some roses, when I looked up he was standing there, on the other side of the garden, totally unaware of me. It was odd for a commoner to be on the royal grounds, so I watched him carefully.
    My mother called me from the house. I turned to look, when I looked back, he was gone.
    For the next couple of days, I saw him in the garden. He was never doing much, reading, skectching, writing. He never seemed to notice me, but all I could do was notice him. Then one day, I went to the garden, only to find that he was not there. This saddened me. With the garden being empty, I went to the stables for a ride on my horse.
    He was there.
    I couldn't bring my mouth to say anything to him. He just smiled and brought me my horse, saddled and ready. He was all that I could think about during that ride.
    The next day, I went to the stables, he brought me my horse, ready to go.
    The next day, the same thing happened. and that same with the next, and the next, and the next.
    One day, I went to the stables for my daily ride, when he brought me my horse, I asked him to come with me.
    That ride, was the best of my life. We rode together everyday after that. Getting to know one another.
    One day, when I had returned, my sister stood in my doorway. It took the smile off my face.
    "What are you doing?" She asked
    "What do you mean?" I replied.
    "Why do you insist upon spending your time with that commoner?" She said the word like it was an insult.
    She had always taken her royal blood seriously, she had always thought that she was better suited for the throne, that our mother was too old and soft, and that I was too. I didn't blame her, she did have some good ideas for the town, but her motives were always questionable. I knew that she wanted the throne so badly, and that she was filled with ambition, dangerous ambition. But I did not think that she would take it this far.
    I insisted that I was just using him for some company. I could tell that she didn't believe me. The next day, he was not at the stable, or the garden. I went out to the town to find him. To ask him what was wrong. I didn't find him.
    Later that week, I went to town again. I saw him sitting, in the local tavern. I stood at the door, trying to get his attention. I was unsuccesful. A town guard, caught me and took me back to the royal grounds.
    I knew then, that I was going to have to leave in secret if I was going to ever see him again.
    Shrouded in a cloak, I walked into the tavern. I sat next to him and he soon realized who I was. He took me out the back. I took off my hood and hugged him.
    "I've missed you so." I said.
    "And I you."
    "My mother has forbidden me to leave the grounds."
    "I was told that I was not allowed to work there anymore."
    I had given him my heart, and I could not live without it.
    We devised a plan. When one of us wanted to see the other, we would sneak out to the stable at night, and light a lantern then snuff it out, we would do this three times. Then the other would know to come.
    We had met several times. But on this particular night as I was sneaking back in, my sister caught me.
    She threatened to tell my mother about it unless i put a stop to it. She thought that it was bad for me to be falling in love with a commoner.
    But I couldn't stop.
    So now, we have reached the end of my tale. She dragged me to the cellar, and has locked me inside. The air is thin, and there is nothing to eat or drink. I only wish I could have seen this sooner. I wish I could have ran away, and been with him forever.
    To my mother, I leave all my possesions.
    To the townspeople, I leave my appologies.
    To him, I leave my heart, beating or not, it belongs to you.
    And to my dear sister, I leave the heir to the throne, and my forgivness.
    But the candle is burning out, and I can feel Death's cold grip upon my throat.
    I am sorry that it had to come to this, I only wish that I could have seen his face one last time.....
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Number of posts : 59
    Humor : None.
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

My last breath is for you... Empty Re: My last breath is for you...

Post  I'm an illusion September 20th 2009, 3:15 pm

You know what line I absolutely love?

"And to my dear sister, I leave the heir to the throne, and my forgiveness.

That line is so powerful to me. It really shows the character of your heroine. When you've got a short story like this, you only have time to explain so much about your characters and all. I really like that line. My last breath is for you... Icon_cool
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Number of posts : 90
    Humor : Walking My Cat Named Dog
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  drasticDreamer September 21st 2009, 3:43 pm

I like the fact that she dies in the end. (Now, I'm not being all Mad , honestly.) Truly, so many people would've ended that with the fellow riding in on the white charger and saving the princess, or somehow she would miraculously live... But you kept it real and true.
    *applause*
    queen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 1:50 pm