Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
AStarryWonder
drasticDreamer
6 posters

*Pacificus*

AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Number of posts : 28
    Humor : Love is to Late as Hate is to Have
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Ii

Post  AStarryWonder February 18th 2009, 11:21 pm

“No it’s ok…” Ii said. “Bye.” He got out the hove car. The chances he would actually meet him again were low. Ii walked the distance to the orphanage, carrying his board with him. He thought about whether the orphanage heard about the accident. It could not have been more then hour but news traveled fast. When he arrived though the front doors and Miss Jane was already there waiting. He only looked down in shame waiting for the yelling but before he could realize it, Miss Jane was hugging him. He felt his heart beat as he could feel her warmth. She was crying. He realized she must have cried ever since she heard about.
    “Don’t you ever do that again,” she said as cried. “The board’s going to be shelved and you won’t leave this place until every injury is healed, you understand.”
    “Yes, Miss Jane.”
    i<3edwardcullen
    i<3edwardcullen

Number of posts : 50
    Location : In real life, in my head, in the clouds, I might be dead
    Humor : The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction has to make sense.

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Ian

Post  i<3edwardcullen February 18th 2009, 11:23 pm

Ian waited until Ii was out of sight, then followed him until he saw his frame entering the building, and being hugged by a woman. He looked at the sign above the door, which read 'Rosettington Orphanage'. Ian turned the corner and considered going back to his lab, where he had left Milan, and then turned a 180, and sped off into the sunset, and flew along the coastline, away from any other people. Eventually reaching an outcropping large enough to park the hovercar, Ian climbed out and sat down on the metal earth, watching the last rays of light fading from the sky and the water. One by one, the stars began to come out, winking into existence, and the sky faded from a rich purple into a dark black. All of the lights from the cities were gone, and Ian just laid there, until his eyes began to close and his mind began to wander into the recesses of his mind.
    The Liar
    The Liar

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Mugen

Post  The Liar February 21st 2009, 6:10 pm

That meeting was a JOKE! Mugen paced back and forth in his lab. I finally get a chance to tell the head about my research and I get forgotten in all the excitement over finding the Chips. What they don’t realize is that my research is vital to “questioning” the Chip once we catch it. Mugen walked to the auto lock door on his lab, giving it clearance to go into full lockdown once he had stepped out the door. He didn’t need anyone wrecking his lab. The whole SFL depended on his most recent breakthrough.

I’m gonna do some looking for that stupid Chip. I’ve got nothing better to do. Mugen tapped a few times on the various parts of the screen of the scanner. It told him that there was a Chip in range, and that it was in the market district of the city. He ran to his hover bike and hopped on in one leap. Then he revved the engine to a deafening snarl. He took off quickly, accelerating to well over the legal limit.
    He loved driving fast, feeling the wind blow through his hair and having it whip the back of his neck. As he sped over the tops of buildings he felt a gust of wind hit him from below. He looked down and saw fire and smoke hurling towards him, but he was past it in an instant. He slammed on the breaks, and turned a full 180 degrees and dropped down a few feet to avoid the now oncoming traffic. As he turned he saw none other than Ian getting smacked in the head with a kid. Ha, where’s your bot now Ian?

Mugen watched the scene unfold and decided to follow Ian home. He really needed to talk about his new finds and what they could do about the whole situation with the Chips. His revere was interrupted by an incessant beeping coming from his pocket. He reached in and grabbed the scanner only to have the words: NO CHIP IN DETECTION RANGE. Scroll across the screen in the sharp old style lettering he outfitted all his displays with.

When he looked up from the screen he couldn’t find Ian anywhere. Oh well, I’ll just look his address up in the SFL contact list. *grumble* Well that is after I fill my stomach. Mugen sped off to the nearest food synth and swiped his cash card and punched in a bag of beef jerky and a Vanilla Coke. The food popped from the dispenser a few seconds later and he walked over to the bike.

As he leaned against the bike he ripped the bag of jerky open and grabbed a piece while he operated the contact lens that served as the display for the communications device for SFL. Most people chose the glasses or sunglasses models so they could easily remove the device but Mugen preferred the rapid response of the contact style. Command: Search: Ian Thompson: Lab Address He noted the address and hopped on the bike again, closing the bag of jerky and the coke in the process. Command: Clear View The display cleared and he got a full view of the sidewalk again.

When he reached the lab Mugen found the door locked. This guy’s got some style; he actually has a mechanical lock. Lucky me I still care about the old world enough to have looked at some diagrams of these things and figured out how they work. He reached into his other pocket on his dark jeans and pulled out a small thin bent piece of metal and another thin instrument that looked like a dentist's tooth scraper. He slid the bent piece in first then twisted it just a little, then he slid the hook in and slowly scraped it along the pins feeling one click every few seconds.

After four small little pops the lock turned and the door was open. He twisted the handle and pulled the door open. Inside the lab there was a table and a robot in the corner that looked slightly dishevelled. From the opposite corner came a soft bark.

“Hey puppy, you must be Milan.” Mugen said as he knelt down to pet the dog. “I have a treat for ya, do you like jerky?” he held out the open bag to Milan to offer a piece. Milan sniffed once then thrust his muzzle into the bag, grabbing all but two of the pieces. Mugen smiled and patted him on the head again. He walked around the room looking for somewhere to leave a note.

There was a knock on the door as someone called, “Parts delivery for… Thompson.” Mugen moved to the door and opened it stepping back to allow the man inside. “This is Thompson’s lab, how many boxes do you have? And how big are they?” The man told Mugen the size and quantity and Mugen described where to place the boxes.

Once the man had left and Mugen closed the door, he walked over to the table and saw that the whole table top also functioned as a monitor. Perfect. Command: Device Interface. Command: Open: Document Processor. Command: Font Color: Lime Green; Background Color: Black; Font: Device Default. Command: Type:
    Ian,
    I need to speak with you about my newest research. I have had a breakthrough that could be most helpful to SFL and our current “project”.
    Mew Akumu
    P.S. I took the liberty of letting in the parts delivery man and told him where to place your parts. Hope you don’t mind

Command: Enlarge Text: Fill Screen. Well I think he’ll notice this.
    Mugen patted Milan once more on the head and asked him to be a good dog while Ian was out. Then he locked the door and left the lab, heading back to his own.

When Mugen made it to his lab he decrypted the codes on the door and deactivated full lockdown. He walked in and took the elevator to the second floor which he used as a flat and living area. He shrugged off the white lab coat he had on and slung it over the back of his dining room chair. Then he tugged off the plain black tee he had on and tossed it into the basket as he sprung into the bed. Command: Run Program: Deep Sleep Waves: 8 Hour Cycle.

Mugen passed out as one of his projects hit him from the speakers that were fitted to the tips of his ears with a skin tone synthetic material, giving him the pointed tipped ears of an elf. Ears which he was very proud of.

(Note: All type in Italics are Mugen's thoughts)
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Number of posts : 90
    Humor : Walking My Cat Named Dog

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Day Two

Post  drasticDreamer February 21st 2009, 9:30 pm

Day Two
    Darc

Number of posts : 11
    Humor : Lots of it
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Rex

Post  Darc February 24th 2009, 7:17 pm

(Rex is in Dijerta.)

"**** it! I can't get this to work," Rex stood in his shop hunched over some random pieces of metal and glass. He was trying to design a new gun. One smaller but more powerful than all the rest he sold. He was going to power it with his own eldritch blast but he could find no suitable container in the entire town. He sat pondering what to do and it came to him he would have to get one of them fancy smart people to help him. He was jarred from his thoughts by the bell on the door to his shop.
    "A customer" he thought to himself.

"How may I help you ma'am?" He said to the lady who had come in.

"I am looking for a gift for my husband. He likes things like this, heaven knows why." she replied in a mono tone voice, "just something small and flashy please." She continued. Rex stooped below the counter and came back up holding a small case. He opened it showing the gun to the lady.

"This is a Taurus Millennium series PT945, an exact replica of the 145 but it fires the more modern effective laser over the ancient bullets." Rex was trying to be polite as people who talked like that bugged him.

"Yes...that will do" the lady told Rex still monotone. The lady paid and left. Rex was left to go back to his work. He decided he would go to another town in search of a container that could hold the essence from within himself. He locked up his shop and got into his hover car. Off he was to (he is going to the blue city. Is there a name?).
    Upon arrival Rex found himself a little hotel to stay for his trip. He would start his search in the morning. He hoped it would end well.
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Number of posts : 59
    Humor : None.
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Vivien

Post  I'm an illusion February 28th 2009, 11:59 am

“Wake up, Vivien. You are scheduled to work in two hours. Geraldine needs to be fed. Remember to buy Tyler a birthday present. Tyler’s birthday is in three days. You have three new messages. First unheard message sent today, at twelve thir-”

Vivien groaned. “I’m up, I’m up! Shut up!” The automated message from her interface ring mercifully complied. But then again, it was a computer. What choice did it have but to obey her?

“Gah,” she moaned, falling back down onto her pillow. “I hate my life.”

Geraldine leapt up onto the bed, mewing in concern. She stepped gingerly onto the pillow next to Vivien’s head and mewed again, louder this time. “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere,” the girl assured her. “Unfortunately,” she added bitterly. She rolled over and glared at the ceiling until her interface ring went off again.

“Wake up, Vivien. You are scheduled to work in an hour. Ger-”

“Frickin’ quit yelling at me, you brainless piece of metal!” She gave it an aggravated flick. “You can’t think, you only do what I tell you, you’re just machinery! What right have you to boss me around?” Geraldine backed up, looking anxious, and her owner immediately softened. “I know, Gerry…I’m the one that told it to wake me up…but it doesn’t have to be quite so insistent about it.”

“WAKE UP, VIV-”

Grumbling to herself, the girl finally crawled out of bed. She shuffled across her room to a sleeping robot in the corner and punched the on-button. Her Cleaning Bot, Winnie, instantly jumped to life and began making her bed. Convenient little bugger.

She threw on some sweats, and then wandered out to the kitchen where she restocked Geraldine’s automatic food dispenser and then began her work-out routine. She had to maintain her physique for her job.

Her interface ring went off again 20 minutes before she was scheduled to be at work. She took a speed-shower, threw on her uniform, grabbed an energy drink and her hoverboard, and sped out the door.

If there was one thing she loved, it was hoverboarding. She loved the air that rushed through her thick, long black hair. She’d left it down, streaming across her shoulders, but she’d have to pull it back once she got to work. Another reason to hate her job. She looked ridiculous with her hair back; it made her look like Dumbo the way her ears stuck out.

She cruised up to the compound, waiting till the last minute to slow down. The thick aeolium walls were not welcoming. Neither was the barbed wire. She let the security system scan her retina and her thumbprint, then she entered her 26-digit personal code. And now she was officially on the clock. Time to get to work.
    i<3edwardcullen
    i<3edwardcullen

Humor : The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction has to make sense.

Post  i<3edwardcullen March 2nd 2009, 6:49 pm

Ian woke up, with a bright light in his face, and an uncomfortable hot sensation around him. The sun was beating down on him, and the surrounding metal. It was morning! He had to get back to the lab! Ian hopped up and ran to the hovercar, and immediately raced back to the city, breaking the speed limit all the way there. If someone stopped him, he could just blame it on a faulty autopilot, the excuse had been used before. Once Ian reached his building, he entered and tossed the keys to his mom, otherwise ignoring her question of where he had been, what he was doing, the usual questions.

He walked into the lab after fumbling with his new key, and walked into a disaster zone. The new parts had come in, but were in boxes with teeth marks all over them, and the legs of the working table that Ii had lain on were chewed until they were mangled stumps. Milan whined in the corner opposite of the robot, giving Ian an accusing glare.

"Hey...I'm sorry, boy, I had to drop Ii off, and I just got caught up and fell asleep...but you didn't have to chew everything up."

Ian sat down and began inspecting the new parts, which didn't seem to be damaged, which was a relief, it was just the boxes they came in. He sighed and looked over at the robot with the blackened circuit board in it, then pushed his chair over to it, and activated the robot.
    AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Post  AStarryWonder March 2nd 2009, 6:54 pm

Ii let out a sigh. He going to be stuck inside all day with no chance of getting out and the caretakers kept pestering him about what happened. Apparently, the orphanage never connected Ii and the “Nitroglycerin accident” together so it pushed Ii deeper into his hole of trouble when they found out. Miss Jane was the most concerned. He assumed as the new caretaker, she had not seen his injury history went very extensive. The majority of the time Ii went invisible to people but that small amount of time he attached attention, he constantly came in the presences of bullies. Always coming back with bruises and injury, the head caretaker took it upon herself to go and “fix” the problem. Of course, that only pushed Ii into finding other methods of dealing with them. Hence the hover board, a device able to travel faster than the average speed of a running person unless there are too many obstacles in the way or he was knocked off the board.

Ii looked outside from his bed. It was morning and a day of wait. Then he remembered someone saying it was bed-jumping day. When enough kids were adopted, it left some rooms with one person and others with three. That is where bed-jumping day came in. Rearranging kids with new one to promote togetherness, it killed two birds with one stone. However, with these bandages on him, he doubted he would get to change rooms this jump. Ii wondered who his new roommate would be. Unexpectedly someone began knocking on the door.
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion March 2nd 2009, 7:01 pm

Vivien was doing her routine perimeter check when she got the call, her earpiece buzzing. "Requesting assistance in the mess hall. We've got a situation..."

"Copy that. I'm on it."

She took off across the grounds, sprinting past sailors eating at the picnic tables. The mess hall was two buildings over, past the library and the billiard hall. Some of the sailors gave her concerned looks, while others cursed her for almost knocking them over, but she ignored them all and barreled straight into the mess hall, heart racing, adrenaline pumping, thrilled at finally getting a chance to do something.

She burst through the doors and stopped dead. It was complete pandemonium, sailors yelling, chairs and tables overturned. One of the newly-hired security guards rushed over to her, panic in his eyes, and yelled, “I can’t stop them!”

Vivien scowled. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

A food fight.

Vivien found a table and hopped up on it. She grabbed the guy nearest to her, his hands covered in mashed potatoes, ready to fling them on his neighbor, and hauled him up next to her. “HEY!” she screamed, using her interface ring to project her voice through the hall like a megaphone. “The last five men out of here get to help me and this guy clean this crap up. So MOVE IT!”

She left Felton, the greenling, in charge of her captive and headed for the door. Men were trampling each other in their frenzy to escape. Pushing, showing, fighting her way through, she eventually made it to the door, holding it open while the masses poured through, waiting for the crowd to thin out. It didn't take long. She quickly intercepted the last few, closing the door and barring it behind her. "Today is your lucky day, fellows. You've been nominated as the cleaning committee." She left Felton to guard the door while she sought out mops, brooms, rags, and extra trash bags. Then she resumed her position atop a table, yelling out orders for the next twenty minutes.

This was pathetic. And it would probably be the highlight of her day. She hated it when everything went smoothly. She needed a little attempted suicide every now and then to mix things up, keep them exciting.

"Come on, you sissies! What, are you gagging? Would you like me to get your smelling salts, you wimpy old woman?"

Vivien couldn't imagine being in their shoes. These were sailors, adventurers! And here they were, cooped up in a little pen like a herd of cattle or something. No wonder they got into skirmishes, no wonder they broke out into food fights. If she were in their shoes...she wouldn't have made it this long.

"We ain't got all day. Your buddies are going to be wanting their dinner soon. If this hall's not clean, no one's getting in, and I don't think you're friends are gonna like that."

When was her break? Was it time yet? Why was her interface ring buzzing again?

She left Felton in charge and took her break a little early. First things first...those unheard messages...

"First unheard message sent yesterday at 2:45pm."

"Hey, Viv, it's Ty. So I finally got that ancient DVD player all fixed up. I'm going to try it out tonight. So you should come over after you get off and watch movies with me! I picked out one that looks mildly interesting...sposed to be a classic. Anyway, yeah, so, message me back!"

Crud, she'd missed it...

"Second unheard message sent yesterday at 7:30pm."

"Hello, this is Roselia Warburton, head of The Association of Scientists. You're presence is required in a meeting tomorrow morning. A hovercar will be sent to pick you up at 8:45 am sharp. Be sure to be there. Until then."

She glanced at the time, already knowing she was late, and cringed...maybe the car was still there?
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Meghany

Post  drasticDreamer March 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm

*****6 months ago*****
    Meghany stood, back to the wall, watching aghast as Irvin fizzled, his metal melted, charred, twisted, and burnt. Her project! Her pet project! Now she'd be delayed that much longer by having to find a new robot. And with Irvin, she'd almost been there!

Irvin had been programmed to follow certain paths of logic. Meghany had hoped to have him fully set up to go into "danger" situations and react properly. So impressed with their progress, she'd even started making plans for a simulator to test him out. But now he'd gone and blown himself up.

On the off chance that it survived, Meghany gingerly dug into Irvin's remains, looking for his circuit board. No luck through the ashes, she turned on her interface ring to do a scan of the robot, looking for live wires. Nothing. Meghany groaned in frustration and punched towards the wall. Lucky for her fingers, she missed, being too far away for contact.

Meghany glared at the box of detonators beneath the bench. Stupid fireball detonators. Stupid Irvin. Why did the two have to mix together? Meghany hadn't gotten around to programming Irvin to run after pulling the stick!

Her interface ring beeped to wake her up. Meghany reached up a hand to shove a button before she realized why she wore it and why it was waking her up. The meeting today. Roselia had told her never to turn it off. Because of the importance of the events, Meghany actually listened and continued wearing the gadget. It grated her nerves to feel the vibrations and listened to the messages pouring in. The Association wasn't happy with the turn of events, it seemed. Would have been ridiculous had they not reacted.

Meghany rolled out of bed as she received the next message. Hovercar awaits. You WILL be on time.

Roselia Warburton, an absolute joy to hear you voice in the morning, she thought.

As she dressed for the day, Meghany spoke off directions to the computer, informing it which files she wanted sent to her interface rings, what she wanted as a projectable, and gave it the list of duties for the day. She pulled on her black tank top, her black pants, her boots, wrapped her snarly hair up into a bun, shrugged her arms into her trench coat, punched a button, and the wall gave her the sunglasses. Striding over to the bank of windows, Meghany used voice commands to open the wall and stepped outside straight into the hovercar. Totally beat having a door.

Her files safe, Meghany contentedly sat in the hovercar as it zoomed on autopilot toward the Straten Building. Another message came over the interface ring. Are you in the hovercar? Don't make me send a 'bot. Meghany's lips thinned as she thought about all the ways she could harm her boss. Between boxing and karate, she had a few methods.

The Straten Building appeared as they rounded a corner, a line of hovercars waiting to drop passengers off straight into the meeting room. It was too far away for Meghany to see the faces. The important people would be there.

Meghany jumped out of the car onto the carpet. A new diamond pattern had been installed. Meghany strode in as she received a third message. Meeting starts in 10 minutes. Are you on time? That was it! Spotting Roselia, she flew over to her side and hissed at the woman, "I'm here, you dunghead. Stop sending me pings." Satisfied with the flint that appeared in the Boss's eye, Meghany glared back then 180'd on her heels and found her seat at the mahogany table.

9 o'clock on the dot, and Roselia Warburton stood up to speak. Only three seats were empty. It seemed few people dared to raise the ire of The Boss. Meghany smirked knowing she dared. Too bad she wanted to attend the meeting so badly. The bad luck of someone appeared as the stepped into the room just as Roselia opened her mouth. The woman blushed beet red and rushed to her seat. Roselia made some general comments about the weather, mentioned she'd heard word that SFL already had a meeting, and repeated the governmental decree. The doors quietly widened again as a wizened old man slowly made his way to a chair at the end of the table. Only the seat left to Meghany remained empty. Fifteen minutes in, as another woman--their spy-- rose to update on the Association on the last governmental actions, Meghany wondered again who dared arrive so late.

Last edited by drasticDreamer on January 2nd 2010, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion March 7th 2009, 1:53 pm

Vivien sat in the hovercar impatiently, wondering what kind of meeting this was, if Roselia Warburton was really as awful as everybody said she was, who else would be there, how long the meeting would take, if they'd give her food (gah, she was starving!), but the most pressing question, why her? What did she have to do with Roselia Warburton and her kind? Business suits, scientists, meetings...those just weren't her style.

She took her hair down once she realized she didn't have to stay in uniform anymore. Ha, she could hide her Dumbo ears! Ew, was that...jelly? In her hair? Disgusting.

And then the hovercar stopped. "You've reached your destination. Please step out carefully and take all belongings with you. Have a nice day," the cheery automated voice announced. So she obeyed (what else could she do?) and stepped through the doors into the meeting.

Ah, crap. Everyone was looking at her. And of course the doors had to be right there by the head of the table where this fierce-looking woman was standing up to speak (and glaring at Vivien). And of course the only empty seat left was three-quarters of the way down the long table, so everyone stared at her while she walked all the way there. She summoned her poker face and tried not to look too self-conscious. But then she happened to notice the person in the seat beside hers, and her face fell apart.

That couldn't be...Meghany?!?!!

She half-fell into her chair, totally shocked. But everyone was still staring at her, so she closed her gaping mouth and turned to face the important woman. She was going on about this new law and robot armies (why did they want her here? This meant nothing to her!)

Wait, hang on...illegal? She worked for this company, she worked for The Association, her name was permanently tied with theirs, and they were making robots...illegally? Wanting to overthrow the government? She hadn't signed up for this, they hadn't told her, she didn't know...And then, she smiled.

This had to be more interesting than breaking up food fights.
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Post  drasticDreamer March 10th 2009, 7:41 am

*****One month ago*****
    "We did it!"

The girl sat down beside her and Meghany glanced over. Vivien. Long time no see, she thought. Completely ignoring the current announcement, she turned to watch Vivien, who slowly smiled, occupied by the surroundings. What was Vivien doing here?

"...and SFL is continuing on with their plans, heedless of the government actions." A new woman was speaking. "Having not been present at their meeting, my information is slow to trickle down to me. I've heard whispers about finding a Chip."

Hisses floated around the room. Roselia quieted all with a word, then motioned the speaker to continue. A few more words about robots, the she returned to her seat, fixed attention on The Boss.

"Mourtan?"

The wizened old man from earlier stood up. Meghany realized then why he looked familiar. He'd been head of The Association two Bosses ago. He was still alive? That man must be ancient! "We must...go...on. The...government...will not stop...us! Make...the robots. We will...beat...SF...L. We cannot...allow...them to...win. No one can leave the island!" Plop. The man fell back into the seat with a hard crunch that made even Meghany flinch. Faintly, he crackled out another sentence, "We will...rule. Fine a...a...a..." Everyone held their breath until he got it out, "Chip."

Murmurs. Many had not heard this before. Find a Chip?, they asked. It settled down and cautiously, little evil smiles grew on the member's faces as they realized it was the only way. Old man Mourtan had right. Besides that his rule was law--even after he'd stepped down--it fit the plan. Beautifully.

Meghany clung to the edge of her seat, excitement radiating through her, tension holding her muscles stiff. It was time! When they ruled, the inhabitants of Pacificus wouldn't be allowed to even dream about leaving the island. They could patrol the robots, sending them around the borders, and successfully return the lock down status of centuries ago, when they first built the island. The Association would subdue SFL and their lunatic ideas of storming Italy, of taking back their so-called "rightful place" in society. Their rightful place was here, on Pacificus, where all the stars lived.

And Meghany? Her experimentations would have the glory. Three years ago Roselia had come to her, promoting her, and thereby informing her of the nature of the laboratory, how they planned to use the results. Thrilled with the plans, Meghany poured herself into the experiments and found the key. Only a few tweaks now, she reviewed, and the formula would be available for use.

"There are a few rules regarding the Chips," Roselia mentioned as she rose to her feet, drawing the attention back to herself. "Most important of all: no harm must come to them. We will find a Chip and they will activate the Control Room for us. Then we will have the power." She paused, surveying the faces before her. In a moment of humanity, knowing many members had less than adequate information, she asked, "Any questions on how are plan works? We'll discuss that, then, I shall assign the tasks to put our glory into action."
    AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Post  AStarryWonder March 10th 2009, 5:28 pm

“Hello,” Miss Jane announced cheerfully as she walked through the door. “And how are we this morning?”

“Oh…ah…fine…I guess,” Ii answered, returning to his regular volume. She walked over and sat on the side of the bed.

“So I have some news,” she said as turn to face him. He continued to avoid eye contact as his hands began to fidget. Miss Jane sighed.

“Well first things first, let’s get those bandages off,” she retreated. She spent the next fifteen minutes taking each bandage off carefully while checking to see that every injury had healed properly. Ii was glad the bandages were coming off. They make him feel like he in a hospital.

“You know it’s quite amazing,” she said to him. “There’s not a single scar left, you didn’t break a bone, and yet you flew at least a hundred meters in air. Some people would say its god’s grace.” She finished up, putting the bandages into the garbage. “Don’t you want to hear the news now?”

“Ok,” Ii said, finally looking at her. He wondered what it could be that had her so interested in the subject.

“Well,” she said with a relief. “You’re going to get a new roommate.” She paused for a second. “It’s just that she’s a girl.” This studded Ii for a moment. The orphanage had always separated boys and girls and now he was going to room with a girl? “I know, I know. It would be breaking a rule but that’s the way the room arrangement worked out and of all the boys here, Caretaker Helen kept insisting that you would be the most harmless.” The head caretaker was toying with him again. “But don’t worry, she’s very nice and sweet and this could be a good thing for you.” Somehow this did not give him any relief. Then a knock came into the room.

“Come in,” Miss Jane answered. A girl walked in. she looked about the same age as Ii, only slightly taller. She wore a dark blue-green top and a pair of jeans and had dirty blond hair down just to her ears. Something about her eyes told Ii, his hole of trouble just got deeper.

“So this is my new room? It don’t look so bad,” she said in a somewhat innocent tone.

“Ii, I would like you to meet Rain. Rain, this is Ii,” Miss Jane introduced. Rain laughed a little.

“That’s a strange name,” she giggled. Miss Jane stood up.

“Well, it looks like you two will do just fine,” she said. Walking to the door, she gave one last look back to the two and smiled and left the room.

“Finally, she gone,” Rain said with a wicked smile on her face.
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion March 12th 2009, 7:27 pm

Did anyone have questions? Vivien inwardly sneered. Uh, yeah! Duh, she had questions. An overload of questions crashing around in her head like a million ping-pong balls all dropped at the same time. But not questions she really wanted to voice. Not in front of all these people…

But then a toothpick-thin girl sitting up closer to Roselia waved her manicured hand tentatively. Roselia raised an eyebrow in her direction, but the girl hesitated. “Yes?” the boss prompted brusquely.

“So, we’re, like, building a robot army? What are they for?”

Roselia gave a harsh snort-laugh. “To maintain control once we have it, of course. To guard the island, keep everyone here, take care of rebels, fight FSL, etc. Anyone else have a question?”

That same girl timidly raised her hand again. “What?” Roselia snapped.

“Well…what is the chip for?”

“It holds the secret code to override the control room.” When she saw the girl’s confused expression, Roselia kept going. “Which controls everything on this island.”

The girl pursed her lips for a moment, staring at the ceiling in what appeared to be deep, painful thought. “So…”

“You ignorant idiot! How can you have worked for us and be so ill-informed?”

The girl shrugged, tugging on a curl. “I’m just a receptionist. I just smile and say hello.” She demonstrated, giving a wave.

Roselia blinked with a scowl frozen on her face, then turned to her guard robot at the door. “You. Get her out.”

When the doors had shut firmly behind the receptionist and her robot escort, Roselia turned back to her audience. “I’m not going to ask which of you bumbling fools invited her to this meeting. Just be sure it doesn’t happen again. This group is a select group of individuals each chosen for their skill, capabilities, and reliability. So all the information you’re hearing is classified. Understand?”

No one moved, but Roselia took their fearful silence as obedience. One by one, she stared them all down until they dropped their gaze.

“Now, if they aren’t any more questions, we will continue…”

I’ll pass, Vivien thought, giving a nervous inward chuckle.

But there was movement in the back. A man who looked to be in his mid-thirties had leaned forward in his seat and raised two fingers, a flashing a genuine smile at the head of the association. “If you don’t mind, I do have a question.” Roselia scowled in his direction and he took that as permission to speak. “How do you expect to find the chip?”

Roselia smiled. “Glad you asked.”
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Post  drasticDreamer March 18th 2009, 7:31 pm

Meghany wriggled on the edge of the seat, barely containing her excitement. Of course, she already knew these trivial details, but the discussion couldn't bore her. They were preparing to fight! And she'd be right in the mix. She twisted her interface ring, preparing the documents as some bratty twig of a girl began asking questions but Meghany ignored her completely. Perhaps she wouldn't need the documents, however in case she did, it would be nice to be prepared. For once, she felt a modicum of good will seeping from her body. Meghany noticed and attempted to rain it in, wanting her hostile barrier back. Placing a feral glare on her face, she stared up the table at the twig who prattled on. Then Roselia kicked her out. Ooh, goody! She didn't just think that did she? Crap. Internally, Meghany slapped herself; she was acting like a little kid receiving her first lollipop. Entirely too innocent and benign for matters such as these.

The beefy man spoke up. Meghany didn't like Henry, but she tolerated him because he was one of the few scientists who knew his job. She sneered, though, when she heard his question. How were they going to find the chip? Duh. Were all these people truly dull in the head?

Roselia grinned--a nice, evil grin, Meghany thought-- and responded, "Does anyone know about that ancient system called GPS? A team of scientists have modified the programming in order to search a chip out. After searching into past records, we have found 5 surgeries within the past half-century that could have been used to implant a chip within a baby. We've managed to set a trace for the citizens with no previous locator. Using the handheld, we pinned them down. A set of guards will be dispatched to each of the five and the scientist with that team will run a test--Mack, down the table on the left, earlier narrowed down the patterns within the chip itself-- and search if the chip is within that body. If so, we'll take the chip into custody."

A gleam in her eye, Meghany watched as Roselia spoke into interface ring and brought up a red line map of Pacificus and pointed out the locations of the possible chips. Right then, Meghany decided she had to be with the guard group that went out. How she would pick the right group, she didn't know yet, but she was going to be there when they found the chip. No doubt about it.

"Rosengrin," Roselia called out a name, "you will take Pete, Scott, and Alice to Ithrange to find a 36 year old male named Jefferson Thomas. Patterson, you'll run the tests." She sent out files to their interface rings, updating them with the information on their subject. "Toby, follow Susan, and the two of you check out this 5 year Leslie Anthony. From the records, it doesn't look like he's the one, so I'm only sending you too." She sent the records.

Eyeing the table, Roselia made contact with a wispy man at the far end. "George Roberts!" she cried out, "just the man." He grinned weakly in response and Meghany scoffed at his obvious inferiority. "Your team is to find a kid name Ii..."

Meghany grew bored with the discussion. When were they going to get onto the good stuff? Then someone asked the good question, interrupting the Boss in the middle of her spiel.

"What are we going to do once we have this chip? There is safety tape, is there not?" It came from a pale, redhead named Ericks, three seats to the right of Meghany. Her lip curled in distaste as she recognized him from her building. It curdled her stomach to actually have to approve of him voicing the question.

"No matter," Roselia passed it off. Meghany hissed in a breath, eyes flashing to the head of the table. No matter? No matter? No f-ing matter? Nuh uh. "We have it all taken care of. Less who know, the better. The division in charge will be called in once the chip is found."

Less who know? What the living Hades does Roselia think she was up to? Meghany's fingers curled into fists as her blood pressure skyrocketed. Her interface ring beeped frantically as it tried to monitor her levels, regulating the system. Roselia would not get away with this, she thought. She WAS going to get her glory. Meghany refused to have it any other way. Her black eyes turned to granite.

"Lastly," Roselia continued, "Vivien Lucasta, I have a task for you. You've been promoted. Along with Roth, five to your left, Thames, diagonal from you, and Simpson, in the back corner, you're to check up on a girl named Venetta Armstrong. She recently moved to Harpal City. Work with care, as she lives with an undercover cop. Find her and run the scan. Crears, with her."

Vivien? Meghany hardly swallowed her gasp of surprise and turned to moderate the look on her long-lost acquaintance's face.

Last edited by drasticDreamer on December 31st 2009, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    i<3edwardcullen
    i<3edwardcullen

Post  i<3edwardcullen March 20th 2009, 8:50 pm

Ian turned away from the robot and back to the parts once it seemed like it wasn't responded. "There's a good week's work wasted," he muttered to himself. As he approached the table, he realized the surface was black, not the cool metallic silver he had left it, and there were neon green figures on it. The first thought that he had was that someone had broken into the lab, which was possible, but not probable. He glanced around, making sure nothing major had been stolen and that the perpatrator wasn't still there. The message on the table read:
    Ian,
    I need to speak with you about my newest research. I have had a breakthrough that could be most helpful to SFL and our current “project”.
    Mew Akumu
    P.S. I took the liberty of letting in the parts delivery man and told him where to place your parts. Hope you don’t mind

Once he saw who had left the message, he rolled his eyes. It was only Mugen, although it was annoying that he had broken into the lab, which meant that he couuld've anytime before, or in the future, which meant he needed some kind of new lock. Ian began to think of a new design for the lock before being sucked back into the real situation at hand with the neon green letters. A breakthrough? Why hadn't he mentioned it at the meeting?

Of course this "breakthrough" couldn't be mentioned at the meeting, because it was way too much effort to discuss what you were supposed to be working on at a meeting reporting progress! He shook his head and found his sunglasses that doubled as his communication device and dialed up Mugen.
    The Liar
    The Liar

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Mugen

Post  The Liar April 15th 2009, 10:09 pm

Mugen woke up after exactly 8 hours of perfect,uninterrupted sleep. Well, that little tidbit works like a charm. I really love my work. Mugen walked around his house looking for something to entertain himself with while he waited for Ian to contact him. He walked over to his closet and grabbed a pair of dark blue jeans and a black tee shirt. As he pulled the clothes on he walked over to the table and shrugged on his lab coat and began walking to the bathroom. He took a look in the mirror and sighed. Goodness this is gonna be miserable. He tugged the knotted ponytail holder from his hair and began to brush through it. After he had succeeded in removing the majority of the tangles he redid the pony tail and walked out of the bathroom and started the elevator down to his lab.

Once down in the lab he sat down and started his music running through the
    devices in his ears. Command: Start MP3 Music Player: Artist: Shinedown: Album: Us And Them. About half way through the album the display on his contacts flashed Incoming Call: Ian Thompson. Command: Close Music Player. Command: Answer Call.

"Hello Ian, Mugen speaking, how are you this morning? Did you sleep well? How's your puppy? He's such a beautiful dog." Mugen said, kicking up his feet onto the lab table.
    i<3edwardcullen
    i<3edwardcullen

Post  i<3edwardcullen April 17th 2009, 3:47 pm

Ian sighed inwardly. Mugen was always delightfully irritating to deal with, delightful in the sense that Mugen seemed to find some inner joy in the fact.
    "Hi...Mugen..." Ian tried to enter the topic of what new "groundbreaking" research had been found, and opened his mouth to plunge into the subject, but the words that came out were, "Why did you break into my lab? How did you break into my lab? Who gave you the right? And some guard dog Milan was, to let you in. Next time you try that crap, you'll be dealing with a canine robot with unforgiving aeolium teeth." He paused, letting the words sink in before saying, "Ok, so now what's this junk about new research? Please give me a good reason for calling you instead of working on my robot."

I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion May 5th 2009, 7:19 pm

Vivien didn't blink, although her system had gone into shock. Promotion? So, she was a guard? Going with some scientist to track down some guy and find out if he had a chip? Huh...this could be fun. This could be very fun.

But, she reminded herself, this probably wasn't permanent. It didn't sound like a very long-term assignment. So she forced herself to think of it like a field trip. Extra practice. A vacation, of sorts. When the time came, she could and would return to her old job.

Gah, that was hard to think about. Did her eyebrow just twitch? Weird. It had never done that before.

She turned her attention to the others that Roselia had pointed out. Roth was a lanky man with a ruddy face, big ears, and a long thin purple tie. He didn’t look particularly flexible, or fast, or tough. He looked pathetic.

Thames was more muscularly built, but stock and short. He sported a crew cut and a mismatched suit. Oh well.

Simpson was a big guy with a round face, bulbous nose, and thick protruding lips. He was like a tree. Vivien bet he’d be hard to knock over.

Roselia was speaking again. “So, you know what to do. Get a move on it. Meeting adjourned.”

Vivien stood along with everyone else, ready to get with her group and lay down a game plan. But, first things first…

“So, Meghany, this is where you ended up after we last saw each other? How is it working for you?”
    AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Post  AStarryWonder May 5th 2009, 7:38 pm

“So what’s your problem, Ink?” Rain asked with a sadistic tone.

“It’s Ii…not Ink,” Ii corrected her. The mood in the room made his skin crawl.

“What? Come on, speak up,” she directed. “Whatever.” She went and relaxed on her bed sitting to the right of his bed. Ii bounced off the left side, getting to the desk by the window. Sitting down on the chair, he attempted to remember the ending to his story from the day before as he pulled out an old-fashion outdated notebook.

“Ah, so you’re a writer, Ink,” she said with a wondering tone. It surprised him when her voices came right over his shoulder. A smirk grew on her face as she leaned over for a look.

“It’s Ii…not Ink,” he corrected her again faintly.

“It still weird.” She looked over his shoulder to his notebook. “Let me read it,” she blurted out.

“no…It’s not…”

“Come on,” she continued to egg on. Ii blushed when she started pushing her face closer. He became completely speechless for a moment.

“Well I guess you’ll do,” she finally said, pull her face back.

“F-o-or wh-a-at?” he stuttered, adjusting back to normal.

“My plan,” she announced. “To finally leave this place and you, my friend, are coming with me.”
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Post  drasticDreamer May 20th 2009, 5:47 pm

Listening to Roselia speak, Meghany made a decision, debating her options. She decided to tag along with the team going to capture the kid named Ii, thinking he sounded likely. If that one busted--and Vivien didn't work too fast-- Meghany would flip over to Vivien's team. Thinking of Vivien, the long-lost karate friend spoke in her ear.

"In a round-a-bout fashion, yes, I ended up here. I'm very successful," she added, without a hint of modesty. She said what she thought and she definitely thought that. Meghany had very high opinions of herself. "And you," she asked, "a...what? Guard? Roselia mentioned a promotion. Where were you promoted from?" Meghany stared at her with curious eyes, eager to see if the old acquaintance had lived up to her possibilities, if she was someone that Meghany would deign to associate with, if Vivien were worthy enough.

Meghany thought back to those long ago karate lessons when she was just developing into her power. Until the day that she flipped, had the fight with her mother, and never crossed her threshold again. She’d only seen her face once in the last five years. A good record.
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion May 20th 2009, 6:31 pm

Vivien inwardly scowled. Yup, Meghany hadn't changed too much. Pompous little...

"Yeah, I guess you could call me a guard. I worked as a Security Personnel at the Sailors Compound. Not exactly high profile stuff, but nothing to spit on either." She drew herself up, squaring her shoulders a bit. "It's better than being stuck behind some old dusty office desk."

It was strange to sit here and justify her hated job to her old karate friend-of-sorts. But she wouldn't give Meghany any added reason to look down on her. Meghany probably didn't need any.

So she gave her one of those "dare you to say something" looks.
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Post  drasticDreamer May 20th 2009, 6:55 pm

"Nobody has dust anymore," Meghany corrected. Stupid Vivien; dust? As for being a guard, Vivien must be some pretty tough stuff to have remained at that job and draw Roselia's interest. Rumors floated around often about the going-ons at the Compound.

That look on Vivien's face looked rather silly, but Meghany couldn't resist, so she drew her dark brows together in a frown, cocking her hip out in a don't-give-me-any way. Yeah, Vivien had turned out decently. Kept in shape, had an attitude... Attributes Meghany admired. Vivien had always been uppity, trying to make her position seem more rosy, and Meghany wasn't going to go for the bull, but that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the attempt.

The crowds were clearing out of the buildings, many stepping through the windows to enter there hovercars. Roselia hadn't sent one to fetch her home, darn it. Where would Vivien be heading? Might as well see if she could dig out some more information, Meghany decided. "What are your plans for capturing your target?"

AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Post  AStarryWonder May 20th 2009, 8:10 pm

“Wh-what are you talking about?” Ii said shocked.

“I’m saying that we’re going to go leave this place and have an adventure,” Rain exclaimed. “You might be the writer but it’s time to be the character.”

“But…um,” he answered dropping in volume. Her expression changed.

“I’m sorry if I was mean earlier. It’s just that when I get nervous I start to act out,” she gave a nervous laugh. “Just forget about what I said just now.”

“O…k,” he answered. Ii wondered why the sudden change in her voice. She seem to really want to go and then nothing. He looked to find she had turned around and mumbling something to herself.

“Are you alright?” he wondered.

“Of course I’m alright,” she said as she turned around. “Now what are you doing pack your bags.”

~*.~*.~*.~*.~

“Mommy, why do I always have to do what you tell me to do?”

“Well, there are many reasons, Ii. The first one is that you should because you love me, right?”

“Right!” he smiled.

“Well, the second reason would be that I’m a lady.”

“Why is that?”

“Because no matter where you go or who you find, a lady is still a princess at heart and a princess must have a knight.”

“Well, I want to be mommy’s knight.”

~*.~*.~*.~*.~

Ii felt the anger in her voice and did not hesitate to follow the order. He collected his small possessions of things in a backpack he had stored away. There was a rush of thoughts of whether he really should be running away. Rain never unpacked her things and was waiting by the door, with a bag on her back. When he finished, she ordered him to follow after her. She moved through the hallways, somehow avoiding people from noticing them, as if they’d ever even notice they were gone in the first place. When they cleared out the building, Rain continued walk without slowing down.

“Hey…where are we going?” Ii asked as he caught up to her.

“The bullet train. They’ll never find us after we leave the city. Anymore question, Ink?”

“Why are we leaving…I guess.” Ii detect her expression changed again.

“I sorry, we had to drag you into this,” she apologized. “It’s just that Rain wanted to leave that place and I guess she wanted someone else besides me.” They stopped walking and she bowed her head slightly. “Let me introduce myself. My name is Sun and I’m Rain’s second personality...”
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Post  I'm an illusion May 25th 2009, 1:35 pm

Vivien pressed her lips together. Tyler would've known what she meant about dust. And dusty or not, a desk was still a desk, and she hated sitting.

Plan? Vivien didn't have one. "I was hoping to discuss that with the other members of my team. Because, you see, I'm willing to work with people rather than always forcing my own ideas." She hoped Meghany caught the dig. Then again, she probably shouldn't have said that...Meghany's temper was not easily reckoned with.

"Why are you asking?" Vivien asked, although she had no doubt Meghany was full of ideas of her own and would be eager to share them. Or enforce them. Whichever way you wanted to look at it. But they were probably good ideas, which would probably be lacking among their members. None of her newly-assigned cooworkers appeared particularly brilliant...

Sponsored content

*Pacificus* - Page 2 Empty Re: *Pacificus*

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 12:02 pm