Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
AStarryWonder
drasticDreamer
6 posters

*Pacificus*

AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Number of posts : 28
    Humor : Love is to Late as Hate is to Have
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Ii

Post  AStarryWonder May 26th 2009, 6:44 pm

Sun smiled, crossing her palms in front of her. Ii thought about everything that just happened to him, matching up the hour he’s known her to this ‘theory’ and somehow his mind believed it. Her smile felt warm, her posture very formal yet welcoming, her tone had maturity in it, comparably to earlier when she was aggressive and full of attitude. He believed this could be possible while on the other hand he felt at some point earlier that day he must have walked into an alternate universe by accident. But now accepting this new reality he only had two things linger in his mind about her, if she was lying then for what reason, and if she was not then how far she would go before he regretted his decision.

“Umm…mine’s Ii…,” he answered. He nervously looked downward and played with his bangs, stroking it up and down. Even with his decision to follow along with the charade, he still didn't know how to react to it.

“It’s nice to be formally introduced,” she answered back.

“Well, isn’t this going to be great? You’ve officially freaked him out.” It baffled him for second that ‘Rain’ came out.

“Oh I don’t think he’s ‘freaked’ as you put it,” Sun exclaimed. It scared him every time she swapped personality as her entire posture and tone of voice changed.

“He’s freaked, ok? He’s probably scared out of his mind—” Rain yelled.

“Rain,” Sun spoke slightly agitated.

“No, he’s psychologically hysterical right now. He’s probably having a mental seizure—”

“Umm…” Ii attempted to interrupt.

“And just having this conversation is freaking him out more if his mind would already nearing its limit—”

“Umm…”

“What!” Rain finally directed at him.

“I’m perfectly fine,” Ii said quietly.

“Wait, aren't you scared right now?” Rain asked.

“I’ve always been afraid, but you said to follow,” he answered

“Then why did you listen,” Rain aggravated to herself.

“Alright,” Sun announced firmly. “Since we established Ii is fine with us, let’s go and then we’ll talk when we get on the train. ok?”

They continued to walk.
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

Number of posts : 90
    Humor : Walking My Cat Named Dog

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Meghany

Post  drasticDreamer June 4th 2009, 8:51 pm

Meghany frowned. Was Vivien trying to be snotty? Good for her! Meghany raged with approval, though containing it inside. She wasn't one for lavishing praise. People deserved to learn for themselves what their strong points are or what they succeeded at, they should know that, and it is completely unnecessary to compound egos with words of encouragement or validation. As for Vivien's attempt at good citizenship, Meghany couldn't care less. "You know," she remarked mildly, "you need to assert your authority. People might listen to you then."

Drivel filled this coverstation; boredom f lirted with Meghany, but she brushed it away. She felt like saying 'I was asking 'cause I could', but did her best to remain polite, and refrained. Whyfore, she didn't know. Shrugging, she continued on with her speech. "You have to have plans in order to capture your target. Your delaying tactics show your obvious lack of forethought and planning. Why, any good teamleader would be chock-full of ideas leading to the capture. They would be ready to bring honor to this Company and save the city." The inaneness of the thought. Why would she ask? Well, duh! Meghany honestly wondered how long it would take for this team to fail.

Unless they asked for her help, of course.
    AStarryWonder
    AStarryWonder

Number of posts : 28
    Humor : Love is to Late as Hate is to Have

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Ii

Post  AStarryWonder July 9th 2009, 4:37 pm

The silence between them tensed the air and seal Ii’s lips even more so. Rain kept a presence a few feet ahead of him, glancing back so often. When their eyes caught each other, she immediately turned back and paced forward. She knew just as well as he did that this situation couldn’t continue the way it was.

Slowing down to a stop, they looked upward as they stood before the city’s central train station, a tall skyscraper of a building with train tracks going in every direction for miles and high-speed rails coming and going on the minute and like clockwork people flooded the floors inside and outside. Merchants gathered as they hoped to make a sale to a new crowd. All Ii could hear were the sounds of individual mass chatter and trains moving. The sight was so astounding that it held Ii’s tongue speechless.

However, a feeling of helplessness crept into his heart as he slowly relieved how overwhelming everything became. He could feel his heartbeat as his mind unwillingly recovered a forgotten memory fragment. He felt slightly claustrophobic from the height of the surrounding crowd and began to lose a sense of reality as he tried to push the dreading feeling out. The attempt was futile as it sapped his strength and he started to slip from consciousness. When he suddenly felt something grab his hand, he opened his eyes back to reality.

“Stop trailing off or we’ll lose each other,” Rain told him as she drag him.
    I'm an illusion
    I'm an illusion

Number of posts : 59
    Humor : None.
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Vivien

Post  I'm an illusion December 5th 2009, 10:58 pm

Vivien was growing impatient. The other members of her team had congregated on the other side of the room and she was eager to join them. “Well, that’s okay, then, because I’m not a teamleader.” Meghany had always been viciously ambitious. Vivien had forgotten the feral glint of her critical eyes. She’d forgotten how small and weak she felt under their scrutiny. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to meet with my team. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know.” Meghany was just prideful enough to need the invitation. She would be the one to spitefully watch others fail before she gave her help, so Vivien wanted to give her the opportunity to give her advice now.

At the same time, she refused to grovel. So with a tight smile and a polite nod, she pushed past her childhood friend (rival might have been a more appropriate term), and walked towards her group.

They lifted their heads as she approached. The scientist, Crears, whom she hadn’t noted before, was with them now. Crears was a small mousy woman with wide eyes under her thick bangs. The group didn’t seem to have made much progress. “We were just discussing locations to hold a meeting,” Thames explained. “Do you prefer Chinese or Italian? I'm really craving breadsticks...”

Vivien cringed. Maybe she would ask Meghany for help.

Last edited by I'm an illusion on January 1st 2010, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Pacificus*

Post  drasticDreamer January 1st 2010, 6:13 pm

Day Three

(Ian & Mugen... You'll just have to summarize your phone convo or something in your next post.)
    drasticDreamer
    drasticDreamer

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Meghany

Post  drasticDreamer January 2nd 2010, 11:04 pm

Meghany strapped the last tranq in her belt while verifying her destination with the sensor in her interface ring. Once she pinned her customary bun up with pins that issued disturbances to security scanners and pulled on knee-high stilleto boots, she exited her quarters and followed the directions her ring provided. 1 Crystal Towers. Home of George and Lilith Roberts. Current headquarters of Team Ii. Location confirmation indicated, Meghany issued the command to override the door 'bots and opened the glass sheet manually, stepping through the window into the top home of the Towers.

Black trench coat flapping with the gusts of wind, she strode across the tiles into the living space where the team members congregated. The mousy-haired Glenn Trebith noticed her first, mutely stabbing Sphier with her file. Sphier, outraged, jumped to his feet, but stopped ranting when he saw Meghany, immeadiately falling silence. Farrell, long-nosed and pale-faced, glanced up over his old-fashioned half-moon glasses as the hush penetrated his concentration. Finally Roberts entered the room from the hall with his robot following behind, and stopped dead, his hesitant grin disintegrating.

Meghany triumphed, revelling in the reaction. The shock, and tinge of fear, empowered her. But business was business and she must get to it. Raising her hand, she tapped the ring was impatient fingers, "Time is wasting. When's departure time?"

Her crisp, sharp tone finally egged an active response. Roberts looked at her blankly before stuttering, "Wha-, wha-, I mean, why, uh, well..." The old man sucked in an angry breath, "What are you doing here?"

Was it not obvious? Idiocy. Meghany laughed, a cold-blooded laugh. "Why, I'm your new partner," she sneered. She turned to the other three. "Farrell? What is the stat on the boy? Sphier, it is not a mistake to assume that you have your equipment prepared? And Glenn, your scanner is ready, is it not?"

They immeadiately deferred to her. The hesitancy in their response appalled Meghany, but she reassured herself that now that she had arrived competancy would increase. She turned back to Roberts, "Well, what are you waiting for? Don't you have transport to arrange? If we are to make it to the city by nightfall you do not have a moment to waste. Run the scan for the kid, Sphier."

Sponsored content

*Pacificus* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Pacificus*

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 10:38 am