Pens and Quills Writing Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 26, 2009

President
    President
    The President
    The President

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

February 26, 2009 Empty February 26, 2009

Post  President March 1st 2009, 4:19 pm

Pens and Quills Writing Society
    Agenda

Intro: By Sponsor and Club Prezzes. :~}
    Activity:Everybody needs to write one beginning sentence on a slip of paper. They'll be collected and placed in a hat and/or hat-substitute. Each participant will then draw one sentence. This is your starting sentence for your story or poem or whatever it is your sentence inspires you to write. You've got 10 minutes. GO! (Group sharing is optional)
    Announcements: Any we can think of...
    Ideas: For fundraising and a service project and for poetry contests (limericks?)
    Activity: (If we have time) More writing of course! Cos that's what we do! Describe the act of eating breakfast this morning. Try to mkae it as interesting as possible. "It was a race aginast the clock! Each second brought the bus closer and cloaser. I shoved the last bite in my mouth, half choking, and dove for the door..."
    Homework: Get on our website! pensandquills.friendhood.net Join! Read what we've got up, post some work of your own, and get involved!
    President
    President
    The President
    The President

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

February 26, 2009 Empty Minutes!

Post  President March 1st 2009, 9:45 pm

Yup, Minutes

Attendance:
    Christina
    Kyle
    Jennifer
    Beata
    Willy
    Paul
    Matthew
    Ryan
    Alex
    Frankie
    Jill
    Jonathon

Mrs. Lindsey was kind enough to come upstairs and be our adult supervision for our meeting. We must be sure to thank her again.
    Told everyone to write one "enthralling, captivating, fascinating, can't-let-it-go, beginning sentence". Christina collected them. Then to pass the time during collection, we wrote a haiku question. Before the big activity, Kyle and Christina took care of a few business matters, mentioning them.
    Fundraising Ideas:
    -Selling pens
    -Selling smecils
    -Selling bookmarks
    -Making a calendar
    Service Projects Ideas:
    -read to kids at library and have them draw pictures
    -write stories for elementary age kids (possibly ESE?) and share them with the class
    -have kids write stories and turn it into a book
    Poetry and Short Story Contests Ideas:
    -Best/Funniest Limmerick Contest
    -DQ coupons as prizes
    Passed back the sentences, no one received their own, and told everyone to write a story using that sentence as their first sentence. When finished, many shared their creations.
    Many times mentioned the website, wrote it on the board with decorations. Told people to get on it if they hadn't already.
    Oh, selling suns and moons for a $1, raising money for Relay for Life (Cancer).

I think that's everything. Let me know if I missed anything. I know they're very unofficial minutes, but they're what you'll get, okay? alien

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 5:04 pm